Australian Bookkeepers Network Pty Ltd ACN 096 035 648 (ABN) is a member-based body supporting Australia’s self-employed bookkeepers. ABN holds biennial conference which its members and the public, who have registered and paid a registration fee, may attend (Registration).
In 2024, ABN’s conference will be held in Adelaide, South Australia over two and a half days between 10 and 12 October 2024 (Conference) at the Hilton Adelaide Venue.
If you wish to attend the Conference, you must read these Terms and Conditions carefully before registering. By registering for the Conference and paying the Registration fee you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
Once you have completed the online Registration processes, your tax invoice acts as proof of purchase for the Conference (Ticket).
Your Ticket grants you admission to the Conference which includes:
- attendance to the Expo Day on Thursday 10 October 2024 between 12.30pm and 5:00pm and entry to the Social event commencing at 5.30pm
- morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea on Friday 11 October 2024; and
- morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea and admission to the after party (which includes dinner and drinks) on Saturday 12 October 2024.
No other benefits, services, or goods are included in the Registration, including but not limited to travel or accommodation.
- Refunds and exchanges
ABN does not offer refunds or exchanges of Registrations for a change of mind or a change in your personal circumstances (including if you are unable to attend the Conference).
Refunds will only be offered:
- where the Conference is cancelled, rescheduled or significantly relocated in circumstances where you cannot reasonably attend the rescheduled or relocated Conference; or
- to the extent required by law.
If you become entitled to a refund, you must apply to ABN for a refund within a reasonable time. ABN’s liability is limited to the amount paid for the Registration. ABN will not be liable for any other loss incurred by you, including any travel and accommodation expenses.
Where you have elected to take up the payment plan of 50% on booking (First Payment) and 50% due on 31 May 2024 (Second Payment), and having made the First Payment only, you wish to not attend the event, you remain liable for the Second Payment. If you pay the Second Payment, you will then be eligible to re-sell your ticket (see no 5 below for conditions). If you do not pay the Second Payment, your registration will be cancelled and you will forfeit the First Payment.
ABN recommends you carefully review the terms and conditions of any travel or accommodation providers when arranging your attendance at the Conference, including their refund policies.
- Discounted accommodation
While no accommodation is included in the Registration price, as a Ticket holder you may be entitled to discounted accommodation rates at the Venue.
Any accommodation you book with the Venue is subject to the applicable terms and conditions of the Venue. Any claims in connection with accommodation at the Venue are the sole responsibility of the Venue and, except to the extent required by law. ABN has no liability to you in relation to any accommodation.
- Condition of entry
You acknowledge and agree that admission to the Conference is subject to and conditional upon any relevant terms and conditions or requirements of the Venue.
In the event you arrive late to the Conference, you may not be permitted entry until there is a suitable break in the Conference to avoid disruption to other attendees.
- Resale of Ticket and substitutions
Your Registration is personal to you. You must not resell or transfer your Registration without first contacting ABN so the Registration details can be updated in ABN’s system.
If you are unable to attend the Conference after Registering, and you wish to substitute another person in your place, you must advise ABN of the name of the substitute attendee as soon as possible.
In the event a Registration or Ticket is sold or otherwise transferred in breach of this condition, ABN may refuse the admission of any person to the Conference whose personal details do not match those of the affected Registration.
- No hawking
Unless you are one of ABN’s exhibitors at the Conference, you must not sell or promote, or attempt to sell or promote, any products or services during your attendance at the Conference or a related event.
- Videos and recordings
- must not make any audio or video recordings of the Conference without first obtaining ABN’s prior written consent;
- acknowledge and agree that ABN may take photographs and make audio and video recordings of the Conference; and
- hereby grant ABN an irrevocable licence to use your image and likeness contained in any photograph or recording taken at the Conference for promotional purposes.
ABN may vary these Terms and Conditions at any time by updating them. Variations only apply to Registrations purchased made after the date the Terms and Conditions were last varied.
ABN reserves the right to add, remove, reschedule, and/or vary the advertised Conference programs, prices, speakers, presentations, workshops and seating arrangements at any time.
To the maximum extent permitted by law, ABN, its employees and contractors will not be liable for personal injury or death, property damage, theft, or any other loss (including but not limited to, liability for negligence, breach of these terms and conditions, or any other agreement), arising out of or in connection with the Event.
In these Terms and Conditions:
- where a work or expression is given a particular meaning, other parts of speech and grammatical forms of that word or expression have a corresponding meaning;
- a reference to ‘including’ and similar expressions are not words of limitation;
- a reference to money is to Australian dollars.